Monday, February 11, 2008

I won I won I won!!!

I was just notified by 3M at 1 More Chapter that I won the grand prize in her By the Decades Challenge. For this challenge I read 13 books (decades 1880-2000). I really struggled with this challenge because by the end of the year I was burned out and didn't want to read the books I selected. This was one of the first challenges I joined, and I was a little over-ambitious in my selections. But, I pushed through, used one alternate, and finished the challenge. Yay!!!

Thanks, Michelle for the great challenge and the prize! I am so excited and can't wait to browse Amazon for my book choice. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Like a kid in the candy store (or more likely a bookaholic in a bookstore).

*I have selected Half of a Yellow Sun, which is fitting because it is a book I discovered through the blogosphere. Yippee!

13 comments:

Joy said...

What fun! Congratulations!!! Isn't winning a book one of the best feelings ever!?!

Trish said...

I didn't think it was possible for me to actually win something! :) But yes, I am so excited about this--especially since this challenge nearly kicked my butt! Ha!

Nymeth said...

Congratulations, Trish!

cj said...

Congrats, Trish! 13 books is really impressive!

cjh

Trish said...

*Nymeth and CJ - Thanks so much! I feel so great about this--and makes me feel a little better about the challenge torture I put myself through! :)

bethany said...

Hey! Thanks for you comments on my Book Bums page (on some of the nine stories by JD Salinger)

I am intrigued by the contests you are involved in. Where do I go to sign up for it?! It sounds like so much fun!

Congrats on winning!!!

Trish said...

Bethany - If you go to www.novelchallenges.blogspot.com there is a whole listing of different challenges you can join. They are a lot of fun and a great way to "challenge" yourself to read different types of books. Hope you find something that interests you!

bethany said...

Thanks! I'll get right to it. I am in a book club, but always find tons of time in-between books. This month probably not though since we are reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy! That one is a biggie!!

Thanks again, and it is nice to find a kindred book fanatic out there!!

Trish said...

Bethany--there are lots of us! None of my friends or family (with the exception of a few) are big readers, so I've really enjoyed the bookblogging community the past few months.

Bookfool said...

Congratulations!!

Trish said...

Thanks Bookfool! This is my first prize and I'm very excited about it. :)

Audrey said...

Congratulations. That's a lot of reading you did. Way to go!!

Trish said...

Audrey - Thanks! It seems like a lot of reading, but truthfully, when its all spread out it doesn't seem so daunting.