Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-thon: Update Hour 13 and a half


I'm here a little earlier than normal and I'm not going to do any blog hopping just yet because I need an emotional break. I just finished Anne and am a little shaken up. I was reading an entry in the diary--with about 18 pages left. I was just thinking to myself how I wanted to put the book in the freezer and didn't think I could bear to continue when I flipped the page and realized I had read all that was left. Nothing more. My heart broke. Anyway, I didn't read the Afterward--I'll do that another night. But for now, I'm going to take a little breather and come back in an hour (which puts me off schedule but I'll adapt).

UPDATE FOR HOURS 13 and a half

Pages: 55 (Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl)
Time: 60 minutes

TOTALS:
532 minutes reading
470 pages
140 minutes blogging (including now)
Lost count of comments - NEXT post I'll leave blog stalkings...
2 books finished: Just Out of Luck and The Diary of Anne Frank
2 caffeine beverages
3 mini-challenge entered
Hope everyone is doing well! I'll catch up soon with your blogs soon. :D

11 comments:

Nise' said...

I certainly understand when you need to take a break after finishing an intense book! Glad you included a picture. It is neat to put faces with names. When you are ready.....read on!

Ana S. said...

I understand too. The ending is just so...abrupt. And knowing what happened next just breaks your heart.

Anonymous said...

ohh sigh! that is alright...do read something light and funny... and u will feel alright!

but thats a LOT of pages girl! AWESOME!u r done with 2 ALREADY?
AWESOME!

3 cheers to u for ave completed 2 books and hav donated 10 $ already YAY!! AWESOME

3 cheers!

Darlene said...

You are doing great Trish. Yes, Anne Frank is a really emotional book but such an important one. You need something lighter to read next. Cute pic-if I laid down like that I'd be asleep. lol.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

YAY!! You finished numero dos!!! Muy bien! (maybe you don't know spanish...)

You are WAY COOL!

Marg said...

I don't know that I could read Anne Frank during something like this. Too intense!

You are doing great so far!

Lisa said...

Laying down on the job!

Lisa said...

Forgot to say: FREEZER BOOK!

Debi said...

(((HUGE HUGS)))

Dewey said...

Yeah, I read that book when I was 10, and I was traumatized for weeks, seriously.

Bybee said...

I've read several excerpts from the diary, but I've never read it all the way through. I kind of hate the Broadway play because they try to put a positive spin on it all, give it an upbeat ending -- I see what they're getting at, triumph of the human spirit and all, but it feels false.