Sunday, October 19, 2008

Read-a-thon: Update Hour 19-20



Since we're now in the wee hours of the night and Carl's RIP mini-challenge has commenced, I thought I would post a picture of my Halloween village. There are lights and sounds and movement but you can't capture all that with the picture. I thought about doing a video, but at 2 in the morning I don't think Scott would have been thrilled. Usually I put little leaves and bushes and roads on the village, but I was too damn lazy this year...

UPDATE FOR HOURS 19&20

Pages: 78 pages (The Ice Queen - finished and Coraline - just started)
Time: 75 minutes

TOTALS:
712 pages read
775 minutes reading
270? minutes blogging (actually, I lost count)
3 books finished: Just Out of Luck, The Diary of Anne Frank, and The Ice Queen
2 caffeine beverages and lots of water! And ice cream :D
6? mini-challenges? Can't remember. No prizes. :(

Still having fun but am slowing down. Since there are only 4 hours left I'm going to do my best to stay up the rest of the night!

And this ice cream is GOOOOOOOOOOD. Should have pulled it out much earlier!!

13 comments:

Debi said...

Oh, your Halloween village is absolutely adorable!

No prizes here either. Oh well. But the night's not over yet, right?

Laura said...

Hello Halloween village! I would like to see it all lit up!

Is your book pretty scary? Did you buy anything at Half Price Books on Friday?

Less than 4 hours to go...

Ana S. said...

LOVE the Halloween village!

Marg said...

We actually don't really do Halloween that much here, so it surprises me to see a complete Halloween village!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

oh wow!! Great village you have there! I am sleepy.

Dewey said...

Wow! I never saw a Halloween village before. That's great!

Anonymous said...

Your village is fantastic!

CJ said...

My chiropractor has a village like that and let me tell you - it was strange when I heard that first creepy sound from it!

Congrats on a job well done!

cjh

Michelle said...

Wow! I love you! Nice Halloween Village. Thanks for being so motivating and loving to read! I love your blog...

Darlene said...

I love the Halloween village. I wish I had room for one. I would have went for the ice cream too.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Wow. Am in awe of your village!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the village. I love love love it :) The maker is Department 56 and they make all kinds of villages--primarily Christmas (of which we have a couple). I'll try to post a video of everything light up and moving...it is too fun!

Anonymous said...

Very Cool Trish!! I like yours. Sometimes I wish I had a table instead of a mantle. Thanks for stopping by my blog.