Thursday, March 27, 2008

Once Upon a Time II Challenge

I'm late, as usual, but I haven't felt much like blogging recently (I still need to post my thoughts on The Other Boleyn Girl). Plus, I wanted to participate in this challenge and it was giving me a headache trying to figure out the difference between myth and folklore and folklore and fairy tales as the lines all blur a little bit. But without further ado:


Retold Classic Myths - (Mythology)

Indian Tales from Picuris Pueblo (Folktales)

The Color of Magic - Terry Pratchett (Fantasy)

Wicked - Gregory MaGuire (Fairy Tale)

A Midsummer Night's Dream - Shakespeare

Join the fun at Carl's site (Stainless Steel Droppings)!

6 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Headache or no it looks like you did a great job with your list! I'm so glad you are joining in. It is never too late, so feel free to send any of your readers along for the ride as well.

Bookfool said...

I can see why that could give one a headache. I love your choices.

Ana S. said...

Your choice for folklore sounds wonderful! I look forward to your thoughts on it.

I hope you enjoy The Color of Magic. I like that book, but I always worry that it will give people a wrong impression of Terry Pratchett. His stuff got so much better with time. So if you're not too crazy about it, don't be discouraged. It's a fun book, though :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

*Carl - Thanks for hosting! There are so many books that I would like to read for this--just wish there was more time. :)

*Bookfool - In the grand scheme I'm not sure that it matters how I categorize the books. I'm just strange and peculiar I guess! I'm looking forward to diving into the reading, though!

*Nymeth - I'm actually looking forward to the Pratchett more than any of the others! I was REALLY excited when I found a used copy at the store the other day--couldn't find any Gaiman or even A Wrinkle in Time. Next time I guess. :) There are so many books I'd like to read for this but not enough time (for the challenge anyway). The bookaholic's dilemma...

Anonymous said...

That's a cool looking list. I love Wicked and hope you enjoy it. I still need to read A Midsummer Night's Dream at some point *blush*

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

*Rhinoa - I can't remember if I've read MsND or not--that's sad! :) I know I've seen the movie a few years back, but I'm looking forward to reading it. I can't wait for Wicked and The Color of Magic--I wish this challenged stretched out for a few more months so I could fit more in!