Sunday, May 4, 2008

Six Random Things About Me and Weekly Geeks #1 Part 2

First, I want to thank everyone who responded to my last post about the challenge questions. I've got something going going and I hope to make my challenge annoucement in the next few days! I'm so excited (and a little scared). Eeeeks!

I was tagged earlier today by CJ and ThisRedHeadReads to provide six random things about me. So, here goes:

  1. Although I am a Texan through and through, I wasn't born here (born in Utah) and I lived in Toronto from ages 2-9. When I moved I could sing the Canadian National Anthem in French!

  2. My husband, Scott, and I met in College Station when we were next-door-neighbors. We only lived next-door to each other for two months before he moved away to Corpus, then Harlingen, then Tahoe. It was almost two years before we lived in the same town again (College Station), but I guess those first two months sealed the deal.

  3. I was never a great student in English. I was good, but I didn't particularly care for it until Senior year when I read Wuthering Heights. I've always loved to read, though.

  4. I am a Texas A&M Aggie--I bleed maroon. Scott is a Texas Tech Red Raider, so he bleeds red. I guess our kids will bleed a combination of red and maroon (hopefully more maroon! At least it won't be orange...). Whoop!

  5. If you've been reading my blog long enough--I think there are a few of you--then you already know that Bridget Jones is a type of heroine in my eyes. Yup, it's true.

  6. You've seen the pictures of Maggie, my cat, but we also have a dog, Lexi. She really didn't want me to take her picture and she has scary eyes in the photo, but otherwise isn't she sweet? I'm told she is an English Lab, so she is much smaller than regular labs. I like to think that her and Maggie are friends, but truthfully, Lexi is very scared of the cat. Silly dog!

Weekly Geeks #1 Part Two--yes, you read that right--I'm not onto Week #2 yet!

On Friday I was a little pressed for time, so I wanted to take a few minutes and talk a little more about my new discoveries:

Andi - Like many of the bloggers below, I've seen Andi's name a lot as it seems we read the same blogs. I had to laugh a little when I chose to visit her for weekly geeks and saw my name as one she selected (I had no idea!). I guess we Texas girls need to stick together!

Debi is an organizer like I am. She has a number of different blogs and I browsed through a lot of them amazed at her thoughtfulness that she puts into her daily routine.

Valentina - As soon as I visited Valentina's blog, I was thrilled to add another book to my wishlist--The Declaration. What can be better than that? She writes great reviews and reads a variety of different books.

Ravenous Reader - I enjoyed reading through her bookish ravings. In addition to reviews, she also speaks her mind on anything a bibliophile like me can think of. Definitely a great blog to browse.

Gautami Tripathy - as I browsed through Gautami's blog, I quickly realized that we have similar tastes in books. She's also a challenge addict like me. Strength in numbers?

*****Stay tuned for the challenge annoucement. I need to make a few final tweeks to my button (thanks to everyone who offered to make one for me! but I decided it is high time I figure it out!). I hope to have the post up soon.

11 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Lexi is beautiful! I understand what you mean about being a Texan through and through despite not having always lived there. I feel that way about California too.

Debi said...

"amazed at her thoughtfulness that she puts into her daily routine"...I about busted a gut laughing at that one...I sure pulled the wool over your eyes! But thanks!

Lexi is absolutely gorgeous! And she looks like such a sweetheart, too!

CJ said...

You know, I've always thought the Canadian anthem was beautiful but singing it in French? Wow.

That's sweet abuot you and your husband. If it's right, it's right and you may as well give up.

For me, it's Duke Blue...

Lexi is beautiful. I don't think she has scary eyes at all. And Riley is more than a bit scared of my cats, too.

Thanks for playing!

cjh

Ana S. said...

Your dog is so pretty! What a lovely colour.

You discovered some great new blogs this week...yay for weekly geeks!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

*Lit Feline - I've lived here for 18 years, so it's pretty much the only place I really really know. And I've lived all over Texas (in 5 different towns)

*Debi - Well--I think the truly organized can make it seem effortless even if it isn't! Baaaaah Baaaaah. ;) Lexi is the perfect dog. She doesn't bark, she doesn't chew on things, she doesn't mess, and she is very sweet--she is always right at my side (or right now underneath my chair).

*CJ - French was required in Canada (maybe we Americans should take a note...we might just be the only country who is monolingual!). It took years before Hubby and I started dating, but we were immediate friends. I guess that's the best place to start. Lexi's eyes aren't really scary, but I couldn't get a good shot where she was looking at the camera. In this shot her eyes are half-closed, but it was the best one in the bunch. I guess she's shy. ;)

*Nymeth - Yes, great blogs. I was so proud that I had kept my google reader manageable, but now it's starting to get a little more crowded. When I check this morning I was at 46 subscriptions--a lot of me.

*EVERYONE - Thanks for your compliments to Lexi. She is a beautiful dog--we're very blessed to have her.

Anonymous said...

Lexi is a GORGEOUS dog.

Bookfool said...

Lexi is beautiful! And, that's not a scary look. My cat does that when I take her photo. The flash bugs her, so she either squints or looks away.

I used to have a cat that chased dogs. It's adorable to watch.

Thanks for playing! :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

*Redhead - Thank you!!

*Bookfool - I think Lexi was afraid that the camera was going to steal her soul! I always have such a hard time getting her to look at the camera. I had hubby behind me making noises and waving his hands to get her to look at me, but she just wouldn't. Silly dog! The cat doesn't chase the dog, but the dog will just sit there and watch the cat and shake. It's quite funny.

Laura said...

Yay for Texans! I think you definitely need to add that you too are a bit of a Red Raider. I think that deep down, you have a special place in your heart for Texas Tech!

Kim L said...

What a cute pictures :-) And those are some great blogs.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

*Laura - Ok, I admit it. A little bit. :) Actually, in many ways I enjoyed my time at Tech better--I guess those Aggies just brainwashed me first!

*Kim - Thanks! I've had fun browsing through blogs the past week or so, but now I'm feeling very very behind. I've been reluctant to subscribe to too many because I like to read and comment as much as I can and if I read too many I just can't keep up. :(